Skip to main content

AU Central

Services Directory

Please enter a service name and click on "Search". Searches are case insensitive.
   or Browse   A-F  |  G-L  |  M-R  |  S-Z

Veteran Enrollment Certification

The Veteran Enrollment Certification process assists veterans, guardsmen, reservists and their dependents in taking full advantage of the educational benefits available to them through the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), and Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) by certifying their course registration to the Veterans Administration.
Once admitted to American University and registered for classes, a student veteran must complete and sign a Request for Certification of Enrollment for VA Benefits form and submit it to the Veteran Services Administrator in AU Central.
Certification of course registration and tuition and fees to the VA facilitates the payment of tuition and fees to the university and the monthly allowance for housing (BAH), where applicable, for the veteran.
» more
Service Links
  GI Bill
  Veterans Enrollment Certification form
Related Links
  Veterans Benefits
Service Department
AU Central
Available to
Current Students
Future Students