Applied Statistics (Undergraduate Certificate)
Admission to the Program
Open to undergraduate degree and nondegree students.
- 17 credit hours of approved coursework with at least 9 credit hours at or above the 300-level, with grades of C or better. Grades of C- or D in certificate program courses are not accepted toward the fulfillment of certificate requirements, although these grades will be included in the calculation of the GPA. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA in certificate courses in order to be awarded a certificate. Students in certificate programs must take a minimum of 6 credit hours during each 12-month period and complete the certificate in four years. International students must enroll in 12 credit hours each semester (except for summer). A maximum of 3 credit hours earned at an accredited college or university may be applied toward the certificate as transfer credit.
Required (11 credit hours)
- CSC-280 Introduction to Computer Science I (4) 4
- STAT-202 Basic Statistics (4) 4
- STAT-203 Basic Statistics with Calculus (4) 4
- STAT-302 Intermediate Statistics (3) 3
- STAT-320 Biostatistics (3) 3
- STAT-514 Statistical Methods (3) 3
Upper-level Electives (6 credit hours)
- 6 credit hours of STAT coursework at or above the 300-level