Academic Support Services
Student-Athlete Support Program
Peer Tutoring Services
Assistive & Educational Technology
Students with Disabilities
Learning Services Program for Freshmen
Academic Support & Access Center
202-885-3360 Fax: 202-885-1042 firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Graydon Center, Room 243
Monday-Thursday 9:00a.m. - 7:00p.m.
Friday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
If the cost of tutoring may prevent you from accessing the support you need, we may be able to help.
1. You will be e-mailed the contact information for one or more tutors within two business days of your request. Tutors’ schedules fill quickly, so please contact them as soon as possible.
2. If you have difficulty contacting or scheduling a tutor, please let us know immediately so we can help you find another tutor.
3. Tutor referrals are subject to availability. If there is no tutor available for a requested course, Tutoring Services makes every effort to recruit a tutor.
1. Students are required to pay tutors exact change at the beginning of the session. The fee is set by Tutoring Services: Tutors charge $14 per hour.
2. Cancellations or requests to reschedule tutoring sessions must be made at least three hours before the scheduled session. If notice is not given by this deadline, the student is responsible for paying the full fee for the scheduled session. If a student is late for a scheduled appointment or needs to leave early, tutors are not obligated to make up the missed time or reduce the session fee.
3. Tutors are not permitted to assist students with graded homework assignments or take-home exams. Tutors assist students with understanding underlying concepts and solving sample practice problems, as well as developing specific study strategies for the subject.
Questions or concerns about tutoring? Call Tutoring Services at 202-885-3365, e-mail us at email@example.com, or visit us in the Academic Support & Access Center, Mary Graydon Center 243.
If the cost of tutoring prohibits you from accessing help with a course, please let us know confidentially. We may be able to help.
For tips compiled by the ASAC staff and tutors on setting up your first Tutoring Session, please visit our Tips for Setting Up Your First Tutoring Session.