Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Awarded the Morton Bender Prize, American University, 2010.
- Panelist at the American University Noontime Conversation, Reflections on Inspired Teaching, 2009.
- Chosen to appear in the video Inspired Teaching, filmed for the 2009 Ann Ferren Teaching Conference, by the Center for Teaching Excellence at American University.
- Selected to give the address at the annual banquet of the Bucknell University chapter of the Pi Mu EpsilonMathematical Society, 2004.
- Nominated for Professor of the Year, University of Rochester, 2000.
- Joseph Leonard Walsh Fund Award (Harvard University scholarship award), 1994–1998.
Dr. Lansky's research interests lie in the representation theory ofp-adic groups and automorphic forms. Past work has involved algebraic modular forms on various groups and their corresponding Galois representations, Artin L-functions and the Dedekind Conjecture, representations of parahoric Hecke algebras, and newforms for certain groups. He is currently studying liftings of representations of certain finite and p-adic groups, orthogonally distinguished supercuspidal representations of GL(n) with applications to the Shimura correspondence, and quantum mechanical entanglement.
- An interpretation of the tame local Langlands correspondence for p-adicPGSp(4) from the perspective of real groups, with Moshe Adrian, Israel Journal of Mathematics, to appear.
- Lifting representations of finite reductive groups I: Semisimple conjugacy classes, with Jeffrey Adler, Canadian Journal of Mathematics, to appear.
- Distinguished tame supercuspidal representations and odd orthogonal periods, with Jeffrey Hakim, Representation Theory, 16 (2012), 276–316
- Distinguished supercuspidal representations of SL2, with Jeffrey Hakim, Harmonic analysis on reductive p-adic groups, 103–134, Contemporary Mathematics, 543, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2011.
- Klyachko models of p-adic special linear groups, with C. Ryan Vinroot, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society,139(6) (2011), 2271–2279.
- Depth-zero base change for ramified U(2,1), with Jeffrey Adler, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society,362(10) (2010), 5569–5599.
- Conductors and newforms for SL(2), with A. Raghuram, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, 231(1) (2007), 127–154.
- Depth-zero base change for unramified U(2,1), with J. Adler, Journal of Number Theory, 114(2) (2005), 324–360.
- A variation on the solvable case of the Dedekind conjecture, with K. Wilson, Journal of the Ramanujan Mathematical Society, 20(2) (2005), 81–90.
- Conductors and newforms for U(1,1), with A. Raghuram, Indian Academy of Sciences. Proceedings. Mathematical Sciences, 114(3) (2004), 319–343.
- On the correspondence of representations between GL(n) and division algebras, with A. Raghuram, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 131(2003), 1641–1648.
- Hecke algebras and automorphic forms, with D. Pollack, Compositio. Mathematica, 130(1) (2002), 21–48.
- Parahoric fixed spaces in unramfied principal series representations, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, 204(2) (2002), 433–443.
- Decomposition of double cosets in p-adic groups, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, 197(1) (2001), 97–117.
- A q-analog of Freudenthal's weight multiplicity formula, Indagationes Mathematicae, N.S., 11(1) (2000), 87–94.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- When is the Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney procedure a test of location?, with Robert Jernigan and Scott Parker, submitted for publication.
- Lifting representations of finite reductive groups: A character relation, with Jeffrey Adler, Michael Cassel, Emma Morgan, and Yifei Zhao, submitted for publication.
- Lifting representations of finite reductive groups II: Explicit conorms, with Jeffrey Adler, article in preparation.
- Quasi-semisimple actions of finite groups on p-adic groups and buildings, with Jeffrey Adler, article in preparation.
- Klyachko models of p-adic unitary groups, with Ryan Vinroot, article in preparation.