A Personal Trainer will use skinfold calipers and circumference measurements to determine your body fat %, BMI and Ideal Body Weight. A great assessment tool to establish your baseline and track your progress. Know your numbers immediately! The trainer will be available to answer questions related to your body composition and reaching your goals.
**A Body Composition Analysis is included in all Fitness Assessments. For more information about what is included in a Full Fitness Assessment see link below**
Join a small group training club to jumpstart your weight-loss journey in the new year. Each session gives you access to 2 comprehensive fitness assessment, 10 60-minute workout sessions with a Personal Trainer, and a one-on-one consultations with a registered dietitian.
$276 for AU Students and RecFit members.
Recreational Sports & Fitness Personal Training Services
Get Fit with American University Personal Training
Do you want to work towards a healthier lifestyle? Are you ready to make a commitment to change? Let our nationally certified personal trainers provide you with the guidance you need to reach your health and fitness goals. At the start of your program, your trainer will assess your resting heart rate and blood pressure, body composition, muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility, in order to design a personalized fitness plan just for you. Your trainer will monitor your progress, and make appropriate adjustments to achieve the results you want.
Stop by the Jacobs Fitness Center or Cassell Fitness Center Welcome Desk to get started Today!
Personal Training Policies
To maximize your experience with your personal trainer please adhere to the following policies:
1. In order to ensure that you achieve your goals and your trainer knows as much as possible about you, please complete the registration for completely.
2. All monetary transactions must take place at the Jacobs Fitness Center or Cassell Fitness Center front desk. No money should ever be given directly to your trainer.
3. The personal training sessions are non-refundable once they are purchased. Please make sure you can use your sessions before you make your purchase. All training sessions expire 6 months from the date of purchase.
4. Appropriate athletic attire, including closed toed shoes, must be worn to all sessions.
5. Please arrive in a timely fashion to all schedule appointments.
6. All sessions are one hour in length.
7. If you need to cancel your appointment you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance. PLEASE call or email your trainer directly. Cancelling less than 24 hours in advance will result in forfeiting of your session.
8. Your first initial session must be a Fitness Assessment. The Fitness Assessment will be purchased separately from your Personal Training session package. The Fitness Assessment will provide you with the opportunity to get to know your trainer and voice any concerns or questions your may have. All subsequent sessions will be devoted to exercise instruction and program progression.