Students who are currently enrolled in or who have graduated within three years from a partner university have the opportunity to gain additional academic training in applied international affairs through the Master of International Studies—International Studies Track (MIS-IST). Students in MIS-IST complete a dual degree in international affairs between their partner university and SIS over the course of two years. The first part is completed at the partner institution, and the second part at SIS. Our current partners include:
- American Graduate School of Paris (Paris, France)
- Korea University (Seoul, South Korea)
- Peruvian Diplomatic Academy (Lima, Peru)
- Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto, Japan)
- Sookmyung Women's University (Seoul, South Korea)
- University of Warwick (Coventry, England)
How to apply
All students must be nominated by their home institution before applying directly to the School of International Service. A faculty or staff member should send the name(s) of the student(s) they are nominating, along with verified copies of those students’ official transcripts, to email@example.com.
Students should then complete the online application and select the Master of International Service program. The following will be required for your application:
- Official English language exam results (Only if English is not your native language or if you do not yet have a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree completed in English. The requirements are 100 on TOEFL and 7 on IELTS.)
- Official transcripts and certified English translations, if applicable, for each postsecondary institution attended*
- Two letters of recommendation*
*Attested copies of transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent directly from your current institution to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should include your full name and the type of document being sent.
To begin classes in spring 2018, please submit your application by October 27, 2017.