To enroll in the School of Communication, you must create an account on the student portal myau.american.edu. The enrollment agreement is under the academics tab on the right hand side. The form is titled "Enrollment Agreement for Grad School of Comm."
Before accessing the form, you must create an account using the instructions below.
The first time that you log into the my.american.edu portal, you will be able to run through a tutorial that will explain the features available and how to use them.
You will need to follow the steps below to activate your accounts:
2. Click the CREATE ACCOUNT link in the middle of the logon page
3. You will be prompted to enter the following personal information:
your name (required)
your seven digit AU ID number that can be found on any official document from the university (required)
the last four digits of your social security number
your date of birth in the format of MMDDYYYY
the last four digits of your home telephone number
4. You will be asked to enter your initial password, as well as a secret question and answer, for verification purposes, if you ever forget your password.
5. The system will take a moment to create your accounts. When you see the message stating that your accounts have been successfully created, you may log into myau.american.edu with your new USERNAME and PASSWORD.
6. After logging in, click on 'Academics' on the right hand side in the blue column.
Click the link Enrollment Agreement For Grad School Of Comm. You may pay the $250 tuition deposit by check or credit card.
If you have questions or experience problems creating your accounts, please contact the IT Help Desk at (202)-885-2550 or <firstname.lastname@example.org>.