We welcome you to visit our campus!
If you are thinking about joining our student community, the School of Public Affairs (SPA) welcomes prospective students to visit us on the beautiful American University campus in Washington, D.C.
We invite you to…
- Explore our range of academic offerings
- Experience the expertise of our faculty-both scholars and practitioners in the field
- Engage with our current students and admissions staff representatives
Please note that SPA welcomes visitors on Tuesdays from 1-4pm (EST), Thursdays from 1-4pm (EST), and Fridays from 11am-2pm (EST). Please contact us directly if this schedule does not work for you, and we will do all we can to work with your availability.
Our prospective master's student visit itineraries* normally include sessions with a/n:
- Graduate Academic Advisor - who will share more about our degree curricula and program planning.
- Current Student - who will serve as a campus tour guide and offer insights about their academic, professional, and student experience in SPA.
- Admissions representative - who will go over application deadlines, building a compelling file, merit aid strategy, and the distinct features and opportunities tied to our master's degree programs.
- Optional - Class Attendance - please be sure to indicate in your visit request if you would like to attend a class a part of your visit with us. SPA's class schedule normally offers class options at both 5:30pm and 8:20pm Monday-Thursday, so you may want to consider your availability the evening before or following your campus visit.
*Prospective doctoral students' visit agendas will include sessions with the SPA Doctoral Director, Departmental Ph.D. Program Coordinator, and Graduate Academic Advisor.
We believe a campus visit is integral in determining "fit" in a degree program as well as part of the culture of the student community. We look forward to welcoming you with the confidence that a visit to AU's campus and SPA is but another way we demonstrate our commitment to you realizing both your academic and professional purpose!
Note: Please know that SPA puts incredible effort into the planning of a customized visit for every prospective student. Thus, if a conflict arises and you are unable to honor your campus visit date, PLEASE notify us at least 48 hours in advance at (202) 885-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may contact the faculty teaching the course you had planned to attend, and the professionals/current students on your itinerary.