SPA at-a-Glance

Deciding on a Major

It's all right to change your mind about your intended major after you apply. Since it's easy to change your major, we highly recommend you indicate a major within the School of Public Affairs, even if you're not 100% certain. Choosing a major with help get you acclimated to the School of Public Affairs community right away. We also recommend new students in the School of Public Affairs take a few of our foundational courses such as GOVT-105 Individual Freedom vs Authority, GOVT-110 Politics in the U.S., GOVT-130 Comparative Politics, JLC-101 Introduction to Law or JLC-110 Western Legal Tradition. Some of these courses are General Education courses, which allow you to complete a potential major requirement at the same time as a General Education course.

We Know Success

% of Graduates are now Working, Grad School, or Both