Skip to main content

VA Work Study Program

Want to work on campus while you study? We’ve got just the thing. If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree, vocational, or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance. Here’s how it works:

  • The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training on a full-time or ¾ time basis under the following programs:
    • Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33) (Veterans and transfer-of-entitlement recipients)
    • Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
    • REAP Participants
    • Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
    • Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
    • Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
    • Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
    • National Call to Service Participants
    • Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)
  • Work-study students will perform VA related tasks as directed by the Veterans Service Coordinator in AU Central.
  • Contact Valerie Verra to see if a position is open within the Veterans Services office.

More information