Showcase AU is your opportunity to experience American University firsthand. Most programs feature an overnight opportunity that begins on the afternoon of the first day. The overnight is entirely optional.
Here are just some of the benefits of these programs:
- Spend the night on campus with a current AU student (optional)
- Hear from faculty about programs that interest you
- Learn about academic programs, campus life, and special programs such as University College and Study Abroad
- Tour the campus with a current AU student
Please note that overnight visits are limited to 50 students. Students may only register for one overnight/Showcase program.
Parents are welcome to join students for Showcase AU programming the day following the overnight visit.
Our Showcase and Overnight opportunities for Fall 2015 have concluded. Due to liability reasons, we do not offer on-demand overnight opportunities.
Interested in visiting campus? Check out our other visit opportunities:
- Tour campus and learn more about AU with a Campus Visit
- Personalize your visit with a Day Visit
- Attend our open house event, Preview Day
Students may only register for one Overnight/Showcase program. Please use your prospective student portal to register for an overnight or Showcase AU event.
If you are participating in an overnight program, please be sure to register for the accompanying Showcase event and submit your release form. Overnight participants must complete and return the Overnight Program Agreement and General Release form by e-mail or fax (202-885-6014) prior to the event.
To request accommodations for persons with disabilities, please call 202-885-6060 at least two weeks in advance of the event date.
Checklist for Overnight Participants
For students participating in an overnight, below please find a list of items to bring for your overnight stay. Please be sure to check the weather before your trip and bring proper attire (e.g., rain jacket, sweater).
- Sleeping bag (you will be sleeping on the floor of your host's room - think of it as camping indoors!)
- Pajamas and clothes for next day
- Personal toiletries (i.e., toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Towel and shower slippers/flip flops
- Money (for any snack or souvenir purchases or Metro trips)