Arab Studies (Minor)
Admission to the Program
Formal admission to the minor requires a minimum grade point average of 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale) and approval of the program advisor.
- 21 credit hours with grades of C or better, a minimum of 9 credit hours at the 300-level or above, and at least 12 credit hours unique to the minor.
Required (6 credit hours)
- SISU-365 Topics in Identity, Race, Gender, and Culture: Middle East (3) (3) : The World of Islam
- AWST-225 Arab Societies FA3 (3) (3)
Additional Courses (15 credit hours)
Complete five courses from the following, with at least one course selected from each group:
History, Culture, and Society
- ANTH-439 Culture, History, Power, Place (3) (3) (topics)
- ECON-458 Economics of the World Regions (3) (3) : The Arab Economies
- HIST-248 Introduction to Modern Middle East (3) (3)
- SOCY-531 Transnational Reach (3) (3) (topics)