At Kogod, it's our mission to prepare our graduates to work and lead in all sectors of business: public, private, and nonprofit.
We strive to create an interactive learning environment with a strong focus on experiential learning. Our students get hands-on experience in all facets of business through real-world projects inside and outside the classroom. Kogod's broad alumni network and location in our nation’s capital work hand-in-hand to connect our students to the business world beyond campus.
The Kogod School of Business at American University is the oldest accredited business school in Washington, D.C.
Facts and Rankings
Kogod is dedicated to providing rigorous business education and research while encouraging a diverse and forward-thinking community. Our more than 1,000 students and 75 full-time faculty hail from dozens of countries around the world.
We are regularly recognized for our commitment to our students and the global business community.
- No. 58: Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2015 Best Graduate Business Schools (2015)
- No. 78: Poets & Quants’ Top 100 U.S. MBA Programs (2015)
- No. 21: U.S. News & World Report Best Undergraduate Business Specialty – International Business (2016)
- No. 80: Undergraduate U.S. News & World Report (2016)
- No. 99: PT-MBA U.S. News & WR (2016)
- No. 65: Forbes’ Full-time MBA Ranking (2015)
- No. 18: Best Colleges for Earning a Business Degree by Fortune Magazine and Money.com (2015)
- No. 5: GraduatePrograms.com Top Accounting Programs (2015)
- No. 17: GraduatePrograms.com Top Marketing MBA Programs (2015)
- No. 9: TaxTalent Best MS Tax Programs (2014)
- No. 10: Poets & Quants for Undergraduates’ Top 20 Business Schools Most Popular with International Students (2014)
- No. 51: Poets & Quants for Undergraduates’ Best Undergraduate Programs (2014)
- No. 45: Environmental Sustainability Programs: Net Impact Business UNusual (2014)
- No. 1: Bloomberg Businessweek Best Undergraduate B-Schools for Sustainability (2013)
In addition to our Full-time, Professional (Part-time), and Online MBA programs, Kogod also offers seven specialized Master of Science degree programs, all designed to integrate a business education with a global perspective.
We offer undergraduate business degrees with unmatched opportunities for specialization. From our multifaceted BS in Business and Entertainment to our new Entrepreneurship minor, Kogod is dedicated to providing a strong business base for tomorrow’s leaders to build on, no matter the path they choose to take.
Students at Kogod also have access to state-of-the-art facilities, such as our Financial Services and Information Technology Lab, and academic and career services through our Kogod Center for Career Development and Kogod Center for Business Communications.
Kogod is also proud to partner with other schools and colleges at American University to support dual-degree programs with strong interdisciplinary bases.
Accreditation and Memberships
American University's Kogod School of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
Established in 1955, the Kogod School of Business has a diverse population that is driven to make a difference within organizations and in the world at large.
Kogod is a proud member of the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC), Principles for Responsibly Management Education (PRME) group, the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education (CUIBE), and the Stewardship Action Council (SAC).