New Student Orientation 2016
Eagle Summit, American University's new student orientation for first-year students, is designed to welcome new students and their families to American University. During the Summit, you will learn about academics and campus life at American University, while meeting other new students as well as current AU students who will help you acclimate to the university. In addition to meeting with your advisor and finalizing your course schedule you will learn your way around campus, spend a night in a residence hall, take necessary placement exams, receive your AU ID Card and much, much more. By the time you leave the Summit, you will be well on your way to success!
Orientation, Transition & Retention hosts several orientation programs throughout the summer for students entering American University in the fall semester.
- Also, make sure you checkout Services for New Undergraduate Students, which has all the information you'll need before arriving on campus for Eagle Summit!
For Fall 2016 students:
We're so excited you've decided to become an Eagle!
You (the student) will receive detailed information about Eagle Summit in the mail, via USPS, after you submit your Enrollment Agreement and tuition deposit. Once you receive this information in the mail, you will have the information you need to register.
Registration through the AU Portal
It just takes a moment to sign up for an experience you won’t want to miss:
1. Log on to the myAU.american.edu portal with your user ID and password.
2. Click on the Life@AU link on the top
3. Click on New Students
4. Click on New First-Year Student Checklist
5. Click on the link labeled "Click here to start your checklist"
6. Register for Eagle Summit.