Skip to main content

Housing & Dining Programs


Housing & Dining Programs
Fax: 202-885-1154
Anderson Hall, Room 130

Main Office Mon-Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Sat-Sun: Closed;

One Card Office Mon-Thu: 9:00 am-5:00 pm; Fri: 11:30 am-5:00 pm; Sat: 11:00 am-3:00 pm*; Sun: Closed; *Open on Saturday during academic year only, minus University holidays

Christopher Moody
Assistant Vice President for Housing & Dining Programs

Housing & Dining Programs
4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20016-8101

One Card Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question about your One Card? Check out answers to our most commonly asked questions below. If we have not answered your question, please contact us (202) 885-3775 or

Q. I found my previously issued One Card. Can it be reactivated? Can I get a refund?
A. No, previously issued One Cards cannot be reactivated. We do not offer refunds after a card has been replaced.

Q. My card is lost or stolen. What should I do?
A. Please call the One Card Office at (202) 885-3775 or visit us in Anderson Hall to disable your card. You may also do so on your myAU Portal.

Q. Can I pay the replacement fee with EagleBucks, Dining Dollars, or Pages Per Semester?
A. No, the replacement fee can only be paid in cash, credit cards, debit cards, checks, or billed to your student account.

Q. Will my access clearances and stored value transfer to my new card?
A. Yes, your access clearances and stored value will transfer immediately to your new card.

Q. What happens to my old card when I get new one?
A. Your previously issued One Card will be permanently cancelled and cannot be reactivated.

Q. What is the student account option?
A. The student account is where your housing, tuition, and other University fees are billed. You can view these charges on the EagleFinances section of your myAU Portal.

Q. Do I have to come in to the One Card Office for a replacement card?
A. Yes, replacement cards can only be issued in person for security reasons.

Q. I am a staff or faculty member and a student. Can I get two cards?
A. No, you may only hold one One Card at a time. Because your primary relationship with the University is a staff or faculty member, you will be issued a Staff or Faculty One Card. We do not have a Staff/Student or Faculty/Student One Card.

Q. I need access to a building or office. Can you give it to me?
A. No, the One Card Office does not grant access clearances outside of the residence halls. Please ask your supervisor or professor to email Public Safety at to request your access clearance(s).

Q. My card is broken or I was told I needed a replacement. Do I have to pay for a new card?
A. If you bring your most current One Card at the time of replacement, the fee is waived. However, cards damaged beyond normal wear and tear cost $20.00 to replace.

Q. My One Card was stolen. What should I do?
A. During our hours of operation, immediately report your stolen card to the One Card Office at (202) 885-3775. After hours, contact Public Safety (202) 885-2527. Freeze your stored value accounts at The $20.00 replacement fee may be waived for a stolen One Card if an official police report is submitted to the One Card office at the time of replacement. The One Card must be listed as one of the items stolen in the report. Submitting the reporting police officer’s name and report number is not acceptable documentation for the fee to be waived.

Q. Can I get a new picture? Does it cost anything?
A. You may only take a new photo if you are coming in to have your card replaced. Cards will only be replaced without charge if they are worn out or damaged. You must bring in your most current card. You may update your photo by taking a new photo in the One Card Office or uploading an acceptable photo on your myAU Portal.

Q. Why do replacement cards cost $20.00?
A. The fee covers equipment and software operating costs.

Q. I want to unfreeze my EagleBucks, Dining Dollars, or Pages Per Semester. Can I do this online or over the phone?
A. No. For security reasons, you must bring your card to the One Card Office in person to unfreeze your stored value accounts.

Q. Do you take passport photos?
A. No, we do not take passport photos.