You are here: American University Financial Aid Washington Semester Program

Contact Us

4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016 United States

Back to top

Can I receive financial aid for Washington Semester?

As a student visiting American University's (AU) Washington Semester program, you should first contact your home institution to apply for financial aid.

Your financial aid office may ask you to complete a consortium agreement with the AU Financial Aid Office. The consortium agreement is a document in which both offices agree which school will be processing the federal financial aid for the semester you will be visiting AU. This can be faxed to our attention at 202-885-1129.

If your home school is unable to provide you with aid, then you may be eligible to apply for a non-federal private student loan as a non-degree student attending AU.